Wednesday, May 4, 2011

heres a fathers day party centerpiece and gift all in one

I hope you like my fathers day old time fish basket. I tryed to make it look as real as possible.
I love to decorate for every party occassion so no better time then fathers day. I thought this would be so neat on the table its filled with gummy worms, corks, and lures for dad
I will give you complete directions at the bottom of this post. I hope you find inspiration in our new blog for those partys for your children, husbands, holidays and so on.


this is the back of the basket, sorry lighting a little dark couldnt get it!


here is a side view of the basket you can see it is filled with goodies.





heres a lighter version of the front. We will be starting with our new blog soon. read about it under guest designer. now on to the instructions so you can make one for your dad or just a fishing guy or gal.


instructions for fathers day fishing basket


start with a strong box. cover the entire box. then cut three sides leaving back side to flip up so you can glue your lid on it.


use everyday paperdoll the fisherman the basket on there I cut mine at 8 in but it does depend on your box size you will least need to cut 4 so you can cut parts and pieces to piece together.


now cut strips I used my paper cutter faster. then glue strips across all the parts then distress with ink now add strips up and down and distress these also now you are ready to glue onto your box and add details.


thats it simple , so neat for dad, and filling it with goodies is endless. I will make one for each one of the dads and we usually have a party for dad every year. so this will be fun might even stick in a gift card. now hope you join in on the fun.







11 comments:

  1. What a great idea - and a great site! Thanks for letting me know about it! I wish you the best of success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love this. So old fashioned!! Awesome.

    Like Kate said, lots of success!!!!

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is so unique and creative. I did think it was real when I saw it on your blog scroll at my dashboard. Then again when I read the post. But then I saw you say it wasn't, and was like, WOW!
    Great Gift Idea!
    Smilez,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is fantastic. Love this idea. My step father would love this.

    Thanks for the instructions.

    Smiles Sher
    ShersL84bed@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rhonda, your basket has been a bit "of the talk" here and there....fabulous to have such a well mentioned project!!!
    Love It!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic basket Rhonda! Great work! Thanks for all the inpiration!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so cool, love the idea!!
    sierrababy08 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fab idea!! Love this and great Father's Day creation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome basket and such a great idea! Tfs and have a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a follower, geting my friends to sign up, and LOVe this fishing themed card Soooo clever!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments and entering this challenge!!